Conveniently located near Washington D.C., Dulles International Airport and major highways, Latisys’ Ashburn colocation facility is located at 21635 Red Rum Dr., Suite 100, Ashburn VA 20147. The facility is certified as Tier 3 and has multiple customizable options for clients such as locking cabinets available in third, half-size or full size, private suites or cages.
The building and its environment is also closely monitored to assure infrastructure up-time and security. Security requires multi-level access authorization with biometric verification. Temperature and humidity is also closely monitored, and a VESDA smoke detection system and dry-pipe fire suppression system are designed to prevent catastrophic infrastructure loss.
Power infrastructure and generation is also of critical important. The UPS systems are designed at N+1 redundancy, at 40 megawatts of on-site power is available. Power back up systems also run at N+1 redundancy and are power by redundant 2 megawatt caterpillar diesel generators. Cooling systems also run at N+1 redundancy and a raised floor plenum provides cooling to server racks.
Ashburn, VA 20147
Latisys – Ashburn Datacenter Highlights
- 52,000 feet of expansion potential
- Gigabits of internet bandwidth active over multiple Tier 1 providers.
- Cabinets, custom cages and private suites available.
- Large custom data pods available
- On site monitoring includes power, leak detection and network and systems infrastructure
- Overhead power distribution prevents interference with network infrastructure
- On site fuel supply in the event of utility power failure
- Off-site alarm monitoring and fire department dispatch