Lightower Fiber Network’s Boston data center is 1 Summer Street, Boston, MA 2110. The data center is located at 4th floor in one of premier carrier hotels in downtown Boston. Lightower offers a comprehensive suite of colocation services.
The data center offers colocation services through equipment racks, secure cabinet, and caged space. The facility provides 895 square feet of total space including 435 square feet of colocation space with floor load capacity of 200 lbs. per square feet. The data center has 24 x 7 facility access monitoring by NOC staff, and has card reader access through main door. The building has its own monitoring system by building management. The data center uses prepak PFC-441,0 pre action water based fire suppression system for any fire spark.
The power to data center is served by 480V, 3 phase 400A commercial power feed. The data center provides AC and DC power to the customer’s equipment, and uses Elgin Warren 2,400A DC power plant with additional plants and batteries in warehouse ready to be deployed for expansion as required. The emergency power is provided by 250 kW Onan diesel generator onsite. 2 x 20 tons Liebert Glycol HVAC units effectively controls cooling and humidity in the data center. The facility uses Andover monitoring system for security, environment, and power. Lightower has maintenance contracts for testing of critical electrical and mechanical equipment on quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
The 1 Summer Street colocation facility is a carrier neutral facility with cross connections to multiple carriers of choice. The data center is connected to Lightower Fiber Networks’ backbone allowing access to high capacity Wavelength, Ethernet and SONET services. With dual entrances and risers into the building, the data center is able to support diversity with network services. The 24 x 7 x 365 NOC staff provides the monitoring and support services.
Boston, MA 2110
Lightower – Boston Data Center Highlights
- Located at 4th Floor
- Located in One of Premier Carrier Hotels in Downtown Boston
- Equipment Racks
- Secure Cabinet
- Caged Space
- 895 Square Feet of Total Space
- 435 Square Feet of Colocation Space
- Floor Load Capacity of 100 lbs. Per Square Feet
- 24 x 7 Facility Access Monitoring by NOC Staff
- Card Reader Access Through Main Door
- Building Own Monitoring System
- Prepak PFC-4410 Pre Action Water Based Fire Suppression System
- 480v, 3 Phase 400A Commercial Power Feed
- AC And DC Power Options
- Elgin Warren 2,400A DC Power Plant
- 250 kW Onan Diesel Generator Onsite
- 2 x 20 Tons Liebert Glycol HVAC Units
- Andover Monitoring System for Security, Environment, and Power
- Maintenance Contracts for Testing of Critical Electrical and Mechanical Equipment
- Carrier Neutral Facility
- Dual Fiber Entrances and Risers into Building
- 24 x 7 x 365 NOC Staff