One of Databank’s newest colocation facilities is located in the middle of the South Minneapolis technology district, in the Minneapolis suburbs, at 7700 France Ave, Edina MN 55435. The facility was recently acquired from VeriSpace company, and provides DataBank clients with a scalable, efficient facility for their IT infrastructure needs.
The facility is supported by two separate Xcel Energy substations which allows for maximum redundancy. Dual UPS systems also supply power to customer equipment through diverse paths. Redundant back up grids and a dedicated back up generator also support utilities, cooling systems and other IT equipment. The facility also has multiple redundant cooling systems that feed above and below the floor. The facility also includes smoke detectors, redundant water pumps, and a dry-pipe sprinkler system.
The security for the data center also creates a secure environment for clients and customers. 24×7 building personnel, man traps, biometric screening and card reader requirements means that customers can be assured that their technology assets are safe and secure.
Edina, MN 55435
Databank – Minneapolis Data Center MSP1 Highlights
- Located in the South Minneapolis Technology District
- 10,000 square feet of raised floor
- Multi-megawatt facility feeds in a redundant A/B configuration
- Meet-Me-Room offers access to multiple service providers
- Dry-pipe sprinkler system
- 24 hour security personnel, mantrap and biometric/card reader requirements
- Roof rights
- On-site power generation with additional expansion available