Built in 2000 and expanded in 2010, VISI’s co-location facility in St. Paul MN is considered one of the city’s most wired buildings. Its located at 180 East 5th Street, St Paul MN 55101. The facility has a host of specifications and amenities that make it an attractive co-location option for businesses of all sizes.
The data center is a carrier neutral facility, and the building has redundant fiber entrances that allow clients access to multiple carriers. Power is delivered by the local utility Xcel energy, and multiple UPS systems ensure continuity of power. In the case of a primary utility outage, diesel powered generators are located on site, with enough onsite fuel to provide five days of continuous power. The building HVAC system is UPS N+1 and is supported by 20-ton and 30-ton CRAC units.
Within the building itself, clients have access to staging area space for equipment prior to installation. Onsite storage and meeting rooms are also available for staff. The building’s security is controlled by three token authentication, including card access, biometric hand scan, and personal identification number. Finally, fire suppression with above and below floor smoke sensors provide for early detection in the case of a fire threat.
St. Paul, MN 55101
VISI – Saint Paul Minnesota Data Center Highlights
- $3 million dollar investment in the facility since 2008
- 24/7/365 access to building for client staff
- 17,000 usable square feet of raised floor
- SSAE 16 Type II certified
- Internal control environment enables PCI, HIPPA, SOX and GLBA requirements
- Redundant bandwidth ports available
- Video surveillance of data center and perimeter
- Remote hands and eyes support available
- Customer portal access to monitoring, tracking and reporting on alerts, incidents and key events.