Tata’s New York data center is located at 60 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10013. The data center is a Tata premier data center, and is located in a landmark building situated at the western end of NYC’s Chinatown two blocks away from the Holland Tunnel (NY/NJ car access). Subway lines’ exit/entry points are accessible via the lobby. The building is located within a few blocks of several telecom sites with direct interconnection to 60 Hudson via the Tata Communications network.
Colocation services are provided through standard 42U rack space, locked cabinets, and caged space. This features 3 KVA or 6 KVA rated AC power, two IEC type single phase power socket, two vertical power strips per rack, and DC power if required. The data center has 17,500 square feet of space, and several public parking lots in immediate vicinity. The raised floor is designed to handle floor load of minimum 140 lbs. per square feet, and building have six passenger elevators, one freight elevator with a capacity of 12,500 lbs., loading docks. The data center ceiling height is 11 feet and 5 inches with clear height of 8 feet and 2 inches, and available riser space option including telephone, data, and electrical risers.
The data center is compliant with global and industry standards like ISO 20000, 27001, 14001, SAS 70, and per stringent Level-3 specifications of TIA 942. The facility has got strict authentication access control system using ID Cards, and biometric scans. The data center has 24 x 7 x 365 security staff, restricted access, and monitoring through CCTV cameras. The data center uses Inergen fire suppression system as primary fire suppression, and pre action dry pipe fire suppression system as secondary fire suppression system to cater the fire spark.
New York data center has power availability through multiple layers of redundancy and backup, ensuring customer’s infrastructure is always available. The data center is designed for 100 watts per square feet , and uninterrupted AC power. The secondary power source of data center is a N+1 configured 2 x 2.2 MVA diesel generators with 48 hours of fuel supply. A & B configured power circuits are delivered to the customer’s cabinets. HVAC units automate the cooling in data center, and room temperature maintained at 72°F and relative humidity at 45% with temperature fluctuations limited to 2°F. Generators and cooling towers are located in 15th floor mechanical space of building.
The data center is carrier neutral facility, and has cable entry via the landlord’s Meet Me Room (24th floor) with cable vaults and POEs in the second sub-basement. The facility is supported by an experienced team of technical, communications and facilities staff. 24 x 7 x 365 support operation center provides the professional support services including first line, remote hands etc.
New York, NY 10013
Tata Communications – New York Data Center Highlights
- Located in Landmark Building
- Standard 42U Rack, and Locked Cabinets
- Caged Space
- 17,500 Square Feet of Space
- 140 lbs. Per Square Feet of Raised Floor Loading
- 6 x Passenger Elevators and 1 x Freight Elevator with Capacity of 12,500 lbs.
- Loading Docks, Parking Space, and Riser Space
- Clear Height of 8 Feet and I inches
- ISO 20000, 27001, 14001, SAS 70 Certified
- ID Cards, and Biometric Scans
- Security Staff and Video Surveillance
- Inergen Fire Suppression System as Primary Fire Suppression
- Pre Action Dry Pipe Fire Suppression System as SecondaryFire Suppression
- AC Power
- 100 Watts Per Square Feet of Power Density
- 3 KVA or 6 KVA Rated AC Power
- Two IEC Type Single Phase Power Socket
- Two Vertical Power Strips Per Rack
- A & B Configured Power Circuits
- N+1 Configured Diesel Generators
- 48 Hours of Run Time Fuel Supply
- HAVC Units
- Generators and Cooling Towers in 15th floor
- Carrier Neutral Facility
- 24 x 7 x 365 Support Operation Center
- Remote Hands