Previously a DataChambers facility, NorthState’s Raleigh data center is located at 2100 Garner Station Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27603. The data center was opened in 2013, and is the only Category 3 Hurricane rated data center in the region. The Raleigh facility is built to withstand winds in excess of 132 MPH, reinforced with nearly 1,000,000 pounds of steel and concrete. The data center provides amenities like private workstations, meeting rooms, custom configured desktop environment with phone and web access, centralized fax machine and printers, and easy accessibility from multiple interstate highways and airport.
The data center provides secure space in shared cabinets from three, six, or ten rack units of space. The data center provides 50,000 square feet of total space including 8,000 square feet of raised floor space at present with expansion facility up to 30,000 square feet. The data center is regularly audited according to SSAE 16 SOC I Type II requirements; and meets the requirements of regulatory compliance acts such as HIPAA, PCI, Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLBA), and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). The data center has full perimeter fencing, multilayered and multifactor access control, 40+ internal and external surveillance cameras, escort only access within the facility, and 24 x 7 x 365 security staff onsite. The data center has redundant fire detection and suppression system installed in the facility.
The Raleigh data center has a fully redundant, concurrently maintainable electrical infrastructure that is engineered and operated to provide 99.999% SLA. The data center has redundant cooling units for automating cooling and humidity in the facility. The data center power infrastructure is supported by dual power feeds, a redundant UPS system and standby generators making it a reliable facility. The data center has redundant cooling units for automating the cooling and humidity in the facility.
The data center is a carrier neutral facility with connectivity to multiple carriers. 8 network providers maintain physical Point of Presence (PoP) directly on their fiber backbone, giving customers unparalleled opportunities for redundant connectivity direct from the most reliable names in transport. NorthStates provides Internet services against four of those carriers via a BGP protocol. The 24 x 7 x 365 NOC with onsite engineers provides support in all data center areas including data storage, networking, security, device monitoring, and remote hands services.
NorthState is a full service information technology, managed services, and business continuity solution provider company. NorthState offers a full range of management and monitoring services, colocation, cloud services, backup and recovery solutions. The company specializes in secure, highly available, service driven solutions for mission critical information technology infrastructure. NorthState provides the economical data backup and recovery services using IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manager. The company was founded in 2002, and is based in Winston Salem, NC.
Raleigh, NC 27603
NorthState – Raleigh Data Center Highlights
- Opened in 2013
- Only Category 3 Hurricane Rated Data Center in the Region
- Built to Withstand Winds in Excess of 132 MPH
- Reinforced with Nearly 1,000,000 Pounds of Steel and Concrete
- Private Workstations
- Meeting Rooms
- Custom Configured Desktop Environment with Phone and Web Access
- Centralized Fax Machine and Printers
- Easy Accessibility from Multiple Interstate Highways and Airport
- Secure Space in Shared Cabinet – 3, 6 or 10 Rack Units of Space
- 50,000 Square Feet of Total Space
- 8,000 Square Feet of Raised Floor with Expansion Facility to 30,000 Square Feet
- Certification And Compliance
- SSAE 16 SOC I Type II
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLBA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Full Perimeter Fencing
- Multilayered and Multifactor Access Control
- 40+ Internal and External Surveillance Cameras
- Escort Only Access within the Facility
- 24 x 7 x 365 Security Staff Onsite
- Redundant Fire Detection and Suppression System
- Dual Utility Feeds
- Onsite Duke Energy High Capacity Power Substation
- UPS Systems
- Standby Diesel Generators
- Redundant Cooling Units
- Carrier Neutral Facility
- Physical Point of Presence (POP) for 8 Network Providers
- 24 x 7 x 365 NOC with Onsite Engineers
- Remote Hands