The FirstLight Portland, Maine data center located at 340 Cumberland Ave in Portland, ME is a carrier neutral facility, enabling interconnection to the carrier of your choice. The data center provides redundant, diversely routed Internet connections up to 10 Gbps with available private peering to FirstLight Tier-2 Northeastern network. The facility also offers dedicated Private Line EPL, EVPL, and E-LAN (Protected or unprotected) connections up to 100 Gbps. The NOC 24 x 7 x 365 monitors all the critical components, and provides the support services.
FirstLight is a leading provider of high speed data, Internet, colocation and voice services to enterprise and carrier customers over the Company’s own fiber optic network. FirstLight also offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications products, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet networks (E-LAN, E-Line), MPLS, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and audio-conferencing, and managed commercial wireless systems. FirstLight has been building and operating its own fiber optic network in both urban and rural markets. The company now operates a network comprised of more than 190,000 fiber miles and 1,300 lit buildings in Upstate New York, throughout Northern New England and up to Canada. FirstLight’s clientele includes service providers, high tech manufacturing and research, hospitals and healthcare, banking and financial, K-12, colleges and universities, residences and dormitories, professional offices, public safety agencies, local and state governments. The company was previously known as Tech Valley Communication, and rebranded itself as FirstLight Fiber in September, 2013. FirstLight was founded in 1999, and is based in Albany, NY.
FirstLight – Portland Data Center
340 Cumberland Ave.
Portland, ME 04101
Portland, ME 04101
FirstLight – Portland Data Center Highlights
- Carrier grade infrastructure
- Redundant, diversely routed Internet connections up to 10 Gbps with available private peering to FirstLight’s Tier 2 Northeastern Network
- Dedicated Private Line EPL, EVPL, and E-LAN (Protected or unprotected) connections up to 100 Gbps
Safety and Security
- Dual factor authentication
- Facility: Single 750 kW generator, ATS, customer provides in-rack UPS
- Cabinet: 120v and 208v single phase
- Cooling: HVAC 1N
Access & Amenities
- Configurations: Shared, full rack, cages
- Meets Tier II standards
- Close to I-295, 10-minute drive to airport
- Shared conference room, staging area