Equinix’s New York data center (NY7) is located at 5851 West Side Avenue, North Bergen, NJ 07047. The data center is a three story building, steel concrete structure on slab metal concrete face, type IIB fully sprinklered construction type, flood plain zone AE, and seismic zone 2B design building. The data center building is fully complied with building code compliance standards. The data center is 14 miles from Newark Liberty international airport, 17 miles from Laguardia airport, and 28 miles from JFK airport. The facility has building parking available.
The data center offers half and full cabinet colocation, locked cabinets, caged space, and private suite colocation space. The data center is SSAE 16 SOC I Type II certified facility. The data center provides 163,537 square feet of total space, including 81,584 square feet of colocation space. The colocation floor is designed for the floor load of 100 lbs. per square feet. The data center has multilevel security including CCTV & recorders, motion detection, and 24 x 7 security guards. All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers, and closed cabinets with kinetic & key locks. The data center has mantrap entry to access the data center resources. Pre action, double interlocked, multi zones, dry pipe fire suppression system is installed in the data center for life safety.
New York NY7 data center is N+1 power infrastructure, and offer 99.999% SLA on power. The data center provides electrical capacity of 5 kVA per cabinet. The data center has dual utility feeds, and eight power transformers. The data center provides AC power, and DC power to customer’s equipment. The facility has 13.2 kV of utility voltage. The immediate power failure in phase I is protected by parallel redundant 8 x 625 kVA UPS at first floor in N+1 configuration, parallel redundant 8 x 625 kVA UPS at second floor in N+1 configuration, and blocked redundant 2 x 1,100 kVA UPS in N+1 configuration in phase II. The standby power is provided by 8 x 2,000 kW and 1 x 2,500 kW diesel generators in N+1 configuration. The cooling and humidity in the data center is controlled by 2,520 tons evaporative cooled refrigeration system in N+1 configuration. The facility is served with cooling of 4 kW per cabinet (13,652 BTUH), and offers 99.99% SLA on temperature & humidity.
The data center is a carrier neutral facility offering connectivity to multiple carriers and service providers. The data center has overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack. The data center offers cross connect services including single mode fiber, multi-mode fiber, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat5(T1), and Cat3 (POTS), and provides 99.99% SLA on cross connect availability. The facility provides Equinix Internet Exchange services. IBX staff of engineers, technicians, and customers support specialists offer onsite technical and logistic support 24 x 7 x 365, and provide smart hands services.
Equinix, Inc. connects businesses with partners and customers around the world through a global platform of high performance data centers, containing dynamic ecosystems and the broadest choice of networks. The company provides data center services to protect and connect the information assets for the enterprises, financial services companies, and content and network providers. The company provides colocation services and related offerings; interconnection services comprising physical cross connect or direct interconnections, Equinix Internet exchange, Equinix metro connect, Internet connectivity services, and Ethernet exchange services; and managed IT infrastructure services, including installation of customer equipment and cabling, as well as equipment rebooting and power cycling, card swapping, and emergency equipment replacement services. It connects approximately 4,000 companies, which comprise cloud and IT service providers, content providers, enterprises, financial companies, network and mobility service providers, carriers, and other bandwidth providers. The company provides its services through direct sales force and channel marketing programs.
Equinix owns and operates 95+ colocation facilities on five continents, across 38 major metropolitan areas in 12 countries in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and South America. Equinix provides 3.8 millions square feet of colocation space through its 45+ data center facilities in US serving 2,000 companies, and 450 networks connected onsite. Equinix provides 1.3 millions square feet of colocation space through its 30+ data center facilities in Europe serving 1,400 companies, and 375 networks connected onsite. Equinix provides 682,000+ square feet of colocation space through its 18+ data center facilities in Asia Pacific serving 1,000 companies, and 300 networks connected onsite. Equinix is a public trading company on NASDAQ under the symbol EQIX. The company was founded in 1998, and is based in Redwood City, CA.
North Bergen, NJ 7047
Equinix – New York Data Center NY7 Highlights
- Three Story Building
- Type IIB Fully Sprinklered Construction Type
- Steel Concrete Structure on Slab Metal Concrete Face
- Seismic Zone 2B Design
- Flood Plain Zone AE
- Fully Complied with Building Code Compliance Standards
- 14 Miles from Newark Liberty International Airport
- 17 Miles from Laguardia Airport
- 28 Miles from JFK Airport
- Half and Full Cabinet Colocation
- Caged Space and Private Suite
- SSAE 16 SOC I Type II Certified Facility
- 165,537 Square Feet of Total Space
- 81,5842 Square Feet of Colocation Space
- Colocation Floor Load Capacity of 100 lbs. Per Square Feet
- CCTV & Recorders and Motion Detection
- 24 x 7 Security Guards
- Biometric Hand Geometry Readers
- Mantrap Entry
- Closed Cabinets with Kinetic & Key Locks
- Pre Action, Double Interlocked, Dry Pipe Fire Suppression System
- N+1 Power Infrastructure
- 99.999 % SLA on Power
- Electrical Capacity of 4.0 kVA Per Cabinet
- Dual Utility Feeds
- 8 x Power Transformers
- AC and DC Power
- 13.2 kV Phase of Utility Voltage
- Parallel Redundant 8 x 625 kVA UPS at First Floor in N+1 Configuration – Phase I
- Parallel Redundant 8 x 625 kVA UPS at Second Floor in N+1 Configuration – Phase I
- Blocked Redundant 2 x 1,100 kVA UPS in N+1 Configuration – Phase II
- 8 x 2,000 kW and 1 x 2,500 kW Diesel Generators in N+1 Configuration
- 2,520 Tons Evaporative Cooled Refrigeration System in N+1 Configuration
- 99.99% SLA on Temperature and Humidity
- Cooling of 4.0 kW Per Cabinet (13,652 BTUH)
- Carrier Neutral Facility
- Overhead Proprietary Cable Tray System with Multi-Tier Ladder Rack
- Cross Connect Services with 99.99% SLA
- NOC 24 x 7 x 365
- Smart Hands Services