The Equinix’s Los Angeles data center (LA1) is located at 600 West 7th Street, 6th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017. The data center is in a seven story, multi tenant, steel and concrete building, and is a seismic zone 4 designed building. The data center building is fully compliant with building code compliance standards. The data center is 17 miles from the Los Angeles international airport, 18 miles from the Burbank airport, 25 miles from the Long Beach airport, 40 miles from the John Wayne airport, and 41 miles from the Ontario airport. The facility has adjacent parking available.
The data center offers half and full cabinet colocation, locked cabinets, caged space, and private suite colocation space. The data center is a SSAE 16 SOC I Type II certified facility. The data center provides 125,479 square feet of total space, including 60,718 square feet of colocation space, and flex space of 622 square feet. The sixth and 7th floor is able to bear floor loads of 100 lbs. per square foot. The data center has multilevel security including CCTV & recorders, motion detection, and 24 x 7 security guards. All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers, and closed cabinets with kinetic & key locks. The data center has a mantrap entrance for access to data center resources.
The Los Angeles Equinix data center (LA1) has a N+1 power infrastructure, and offers 99.999% SLA on power. The data center provides an electrical capacity of 2.4 kVA per cabinet on the 6th floor and 3.0 kVA per cabinet on the 7th. The data center has three utility feeds, and three power transformers. The data center can provide AC power, and DC power to customer’s equipment. The facility has three phase, 480V of utility voltage. Immediate power failure is protected by distributed redundant UPS’ in a N+1 configuration. Standby power is provided by 3 x 1,500 kW & 2 x 1,500 kW diesel generators for the 6th and 7th floor in N+1 configuration. The cooling and humidity in the data center is controlled by 5 x 300 tons cooled chillers in N+1 configuration, 4 x primary chilled water pumps in N+2 configuration, 4 x secondary chilled water pumps in N+1 configuration, and air handling units in N+1 configuration. The facility is served with cooling for 2.4 kW per cabinet (8,191 BTUH) at 6th floor, 3 kW per cabinet (10,239 BTUH) at 7th floor, and offers 99.99% SLA on temperature & humidity.
The data center is a carrier neutral facility offering connectivity to multiple carriers and service providers. The data center has overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack. The data center offers cross connect services including single mode fiber, multi-mode fiber, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat5(T1), and Cat3 (POTS), and provides 99.99% SLA on cross connect availability. The facility provides Equinix Metro Connect services, Equinix Internet Exchange, Equinix Carrier Ethernet Exchange, and Equinix Direct. IBX staff of engineers, technicians, and customers support specialists offer onsite technical and logistic support 24 x 7 x 365, and provide smart hands services.
Equinix, Inc. connects businesses with partners and customers around the world through a global platform of high performance data centers, containing dynamic ecosystems and the broadest choice of networks. The company provides data center services to protect and connect the information assets for the enterprises, financial services companies, and content and network providers. The company provides colocation services and related offerings; interconnection services comprising physical cross connect or direct interconnections, Equinix Internet exchange, Equinix metro connect, Internet connectivity services, and Ethernet exchange services; and managed IT infrastructure services, including installation of customer equipment and cabling, as well as equipment rebooting and power cycling, card swapping, and emergency equipment replacement services. It connects approximately 4,000 companies, which comprise cloud and IT service providers, content providers, enterprises, financial companies, network and mobility service providers, carriers, and other bandwidth providers. The company provides its services through direct sales force and channel marketing programs.
Equinix owns and operates 95+ colocation facilities on five continents, across 38 major metropolitan areas in 12 countries in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and South America. Equinix provides 3.8 millions square feet of colocation space through its 45+ data center facilities in US serving 2,000 companies, and 450 networks connected onsite. Equinix provides 1.3 millions square feet of colocation space through its 30+ data center facilities in Europe serving 1,400 companies, and 375 networks connected onsite. Equinix provides 682,000+ square feet of colocation space through its 18+ data center facilities in Asia Pacific serving 1,000 companies, and 300 networks connected onsite. Equinix is a public trading company on NASDAQ under the symbol EQIX. The company was founded in 1998, and is based in Redwood City, CA.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Equinix – Los Angeles Data Center #1 LA1 Highlights
- Located at 6th and 7th Floor
- Seven Story, Multi Tenant Building
- 2-C, Fully Sprinklered Construction Type
- Concrete Steel Structure
- Seismic Zone 4 Design
- Fully Complied with Building Code Compliance Standards
- 17 Miles from Los Angeles International Airport
- 18 Miles from Burbank Airport
- 25 Miles from Long Beach Airport
- 40 Miles from John Wayne Airport
- 41 Miles from Ontario Airport.
- Half and Full Cabinet Colocation
- Caged Space and Private Suite
- SSAE 16 SOC I Type II Certified Facility
- 125,479 Square Feet of Total Space
- 60,718 Square Feet of Colocation Space
- 622 Square Feet of Flex Space
- 6th & 7th Story Floor Load Capacity of 100 lbs. Per Square Feet
- CCTV & Recorders and Motion Detection
- 24 x 7 Security Guards from
- Biometric Hand Geometry Readers
- Mantrap Entry
- Closed Cabinets with Kinetic & Key Locks
- Pre Action, Double Interlocked, Dry Pipe Fire Suppression System in Two Zone Configuration
- N+1 Power Infrastructure
- 99.999 % SLA on Power
- Electrical Capacity of 2.4 kW at 6th floor
- Electrical Capacity of 3.0 kW at 7th floor
- 3 x Utility Feeds
- 3 x Power Transformers
- AC and DC Power
- 480V, 3 Phase of Utility Voltage
- UPS in N+1 Configuration
- 3 x 1,500 kW Diesel Generators in N+1 Configuration at 6th floor
- 2 x 1,500 kW Diesel Generators in N+1 Configuration at 7th floor
- 99.99% SLA on Temperature and Humidity
- 5 x 300 Tons Cooled Chillers in N+1 Configuration
- 4 x Primary Chilled Water Pumps in N+21 Configuration
- 4 x Secondary Chilled Water Pumps in N+1 Configuration
- Air Handling Units in N+1 Configuration
- Cooling of 2.4 kW Per Cabinet (8,191 BTUH) at 6th Floor
- Cooling of 3.0 kW Per Cabinet (10,239 BTUH) at 6th Floor
- Carrier Neutral Facility
- Overhead Proprietary Cable Tray System with Multi-Tier Ladder Rack
- Cross Connect Services with 99.99% SLA
- NOC 24 x 7 x 365
- Smart Hands Services